DIY Video Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions are as follows:
“CWE” means “Clockwork Eye Video Productions.”
“Services” means any services provided by CWE
“Products” means any products supplied by CWE
“Buyer” means the client or customer
FORMATION OF CONTRACT
All goods and services sold/provided by CWE are supplied subject to these conditions, which shall be the sole terms, and conditions of any sale or supply by CWE to the buyer. No representative, agent or sales person has CWE’s authority to vary, amend or waive any of these conditions on behalf of CWE and no amendment or addition to any of them shall be deemed to have been accepted unless accepted in writing by CWE.
The buyer may not transfer its rights or obligations under this contract to any other person, firm or company.
CWE may not change or add to any conditions unless it is reasonable to do so.
OWNERSHIP, IPR AND COPYRIGHT
All intellectual property rights including, but not limited to concepts and proposals are reserved and remain the property of Clockwork Eye Video Productions.
As the creator of the video footage used for the editing process you retain the copyright to that footage. However the copyright of all edited work and any additional templates created to enhance the look or sound of the video remain the copyright of CWE.
If full payment has not been received then CWE reserves the right to have any videos removed from public or private viewing and the Buyer must cease in using the videos.
Upon receipt of full payment, the Client is hereby granted exclusive and unlimited usage and full copyright to the final footage produced for the Client as part of this project. The Contractor reserves the right to use and reproduce any and all footage created during the project and electronic media for Contractor’s promotional purposes.
CWE reserve the right to alter costs, if reasonable to do so: The buyer will be notified before the work is completed.
The Buyer is fixed into an initial four month contract with CWE and this will be paid, in advance, at £100 per calendar month.
Once the four month tie in period is over then the Buyer can pay, in advance, on a monthly basis.
All payments must be made by electronic transfer of the invoiced amount.
The DIY Video Package is a video marketing package that has been designed to enable clients to create effective video to aid them in their marketing strategy.
Footage must be filmed and provided in a maximum of three parts as per the training provided:
- The introduction.
- The main body or content.
- The outro or call to action.
The final edited videos created from the footage supplied must be 60 to 90 seconds long with a maximum length of up to 3 minutes.
Any videos that are longer than 3 minutes will be subject to additional editing charged at our hourly rate as they do not fall in to the DIY video marketing guidelines.
A 14 day notice period must be given should the Buyer chose to discontinue the service.
CWE reserve the right to charge for the following month should this notice period not be adhered to.
Should the buyer chose to discontinue the service and then, within a time period of no more than 30 days, reinitialise the service then they will need to commit to a four month tie in period.
Where costs in either time or money have already been incurred, CWE reserve the right to charge up to 100% of the original quoted price, if a quotation is accepted and subsequently cancelled by the buyer.
At September 2011 this is normally charged at £0.45/mile. Any increases in mileage charges will be notified to the client.
CWE reserve the right to charge for mileage for travel beyond 30 miles from their offices. This will be charged out at 25p per mile.
Parking and other incidental costs will be charged on at cost.
CWE will not be liable for:
- Any fault in their products caused by improper use.
- Misuse of anything whatsoever by the buyer, their employees or agents.
- Failure to provide service or product, caused by events outside their reasonable control.
- CWE cannot be held responsible for the impact of weather or other circumstances beyond the control of CWE.
- Any loss or corruption of data, or damage to persons or property arising from the use of CWE products or services.
- CWE shall not be liable for any delay in or failure to perform any of its obligations under the contract if the delay or failure is caused by circumstances outside the reasonable control of CWE, and for any failure of any computer system, software or other equipment used by CWE or any of its suppliers to operate correctly as a result of the approach or advent of any date prior to, during or after the year 2000 shall be regarded as being outside the reasonable control of CWE.
- CWE shall under no circumstances be liable for any consequential loss (including loss of anticipated profits or third-party claims).
All recommendations and advice given by or on behalf of CWE are given for guidance only.